I agree with the blocking concept. However for your current problem if you
are using circular logging you are probably running out of log file space
so I'd suggest you increase the number of log files you are using. The
other parameter you may encounter trouble with is MAXUMSGS i.e. the number
of maxmimum number of uncommitted messages.

Regards
Tim A

                      Randy J Clark
                      <Randy_Clark@AHM.        To:       [EMAIL PROTECTED]
                      HONDA.COM>               cc:
                      Sent by: MQSeries        Subject:  Re: Am I asking too much to
MQ?!?! (PROTOm@il:200211221113
                      List                      CENTROSIM) <-- Attachment History
Removed
                      <MQSERIES@AKH-WIE
                      N.AC.AT>

I know this is an obvious suggestion but I did not see anyone make it this
time.

Why not block the records into say a 32k block for a nice easy round
number...

when you send each 380 byte record they each get their own 324 byte MQMD.

we block everything now when sending groups of messages or files the
performance improvements are dramatic especially when each record is so
small - we were sending 30 bytes messages and each one got a 324 MQMD -
kinda ridiculous huh.

Alessandro Caffarra <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>@AKH-WIEN.AC.AT> on 11/22/2002
06:21:14 AM

Please respond to MQSeries List <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

Sent by:    MQSeries List <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>