Hi Urvesh,

Initiating a connection in through a firewall can either use an

a) HTTP proxy to tunnel the request to an MQIPT
b) HTTP server and "rewrite" the request to an MQIPT
c) HTTP server and use the servlet version of MQIPT running in the app
server

This setup can allow MQ traffic to flow in both directions, e.g. using a
sender channel and a requester channel between 2 Queue Managers, or by
using a client connection.

To initiate a connection out through a firewall, you can either use

1) HTTP proxy to tunnel the request to another MQIPT (or HTTP server)
2) SOCKS proxy

All solutions using HTTP require an MQIPT at each end of the connection.
There should be sample configurations in the MQIPT book, except for (b),
which didn't make in the book in time. I can send you a sample of this if
you like ?

Hope this info helps. Let me know if you need more details.
Phil Blake