Hello,

I've made several applications using MQ for a few years,
not knowing much about MQ.
I noitced that most frequently happening trouble is the
unpredictable channel stopping.
I made rather online applications requiring high-responce.

I made a program checking channels every minutes by runmqsc "dis chs"
in Perl. (Perl is my favourite)
This program sends e-mail to administrators or try "start channel".

But this has some inferiorities.
1) The applications doing "MQPUT" have no idea if the channel is stopped.
   "MQPUT" doesn't return the error.
2) I'm sometimes asked to introduce my checking program, but the
   new computor doesn't always have perl installed.

I like to know if there is a good way for application programs
to know if concerned chanels are stopped or running.
The most favourite way may be reason code 2??? meaning the stop,
maybe impossible as a usual MQ system.
Another imaginable way is to force application programs to ask the
watching program if OK, but this must be some re-programming of
current applications.

So what is the good solution? Any good idea?

Regards,
Hirosi Taguti