That section of the manual is discussing XA coordination from C/C++.
Using Java adds more complexity and a different set of pre-requisites.
The main factor influencing the choice of Oracle level was the
implementation of the XAResource provided by the JDBC driver. This isn't
a factor for C/C++ applications. Regrettably the detailed pre-req's for
using the Java JTA/JDBC support appears to have failed to make the
transition from the website to the manual. I'll try and get that
investigated.

Regards,
James.

Jerzy Pierscinski wrote:

James/Nagendran  why do you suggest Oracle 8.1.7.

In MQ Admin manual I can read:
"Minimum supported levels for Oracle and applying patches
You need to install Oracle patches 437448 and 441647. The minimum supported
levels of Oracle on each of the platforms are:
Windows systems
8.1.5
AIX 7.3.2.1
HP-UX
7.3.2.3
Solaris
7.3.2.3

Nagendran Bagavathiraj wrote:

That is right. It alse requires Also MA088 support pack