From: "Bullock, Rebecca (CSC)" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: Can i stop CKTI transaction by JCL?
Date: Thu, 12 Dec 2002 08:10:18 -0500

Hi, Joe. First off, I've never tried this, but here's what I'd try. No
guarantees here and maybe someone will have a better answer (and some
actual
experience):

The transaction  CKQC STOPCKTI  will stop CKTI (at least, the manual says
so).

What you need/want is a way to do this in batch. Now, I believe (but don't
know) that you can use EXCI to do this kind of thing. That may or may not
involve any programming from your side, and I'm not sure that it'll do what
you want since EXCI came along LONG after I did CICS and I never had any
reason to really look into it.

Another approach you could try is to do something with SVC34. You can write
an authorized program to use this to issue commands that appear to come
from
the console. This can be used to start (and stop) stuff. And if you allow
CICS commands from the console, that should do it.

Or perhaps you could do something with an automation package. It would be
easy enough to write something that puts out a set message on the syslog
which your automation then reacts to and it can then do the stop for you.

But, I did wonder why you'd want to do this and how you were planning to
restart afterward and end up with the correct userid associated with the
task. I'd play around with this a lot before I planned to do it with a
production system.

Good luck (and here's hoping you get an answer from someone who's actually
done this) -- Rebecca