From: Jim Ford [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Thursday, December 12, 2002 1:59 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: "Dummy" Queues

One of our servers (Lotus Notes on Win2K, in this case) is having
capacity problems. One of our app groups has found several Notes data
bases that are populated by agents that get messages from MQ queues.
They have decided that these DBs are obsolete, so their "solution" is
to simply stop running the agents.

Of course, until they change the sending applications those messages
will pile up on the queues. So I'm forced to clear the queues every so
often. Is there any concept of a dummy queue, similar to "DD DUMMY" in
JCL or "/dev/null" in Unix? Or is there any other trick I can use
until the application developers get their act together? I've changed
the persistence to non-persistent, but the machine and qmgr stay up
for months at a time, so that's no help.