Sounds like you haven't got the CA certificate that signed the remote queue
manager's (QMV1) certificate in the local queue manager's (QMD2) key ring.

Do a RACDCERT ID(chinint-user-id) LISTRING(key-ring-name) from TSO and you
should get something like this:

Digital ring information for user MQ23USR:

  Ring:
       >MQ23RING<
  Certificate Label Name             Cert Owner     USAGE      DEFAULT
  --------------------------------   ------------   --------   -------
  ibmWebSphereMQMQ23                 ID(MQ23USR)    PERSONAL     NO
  WebSphere MQ CA                    CERTAUTH       CERTAUTH     NO

Check that you have the CA connected something like above.

Cheers
Morag

Morag Hughson
WebSphere MQ for z/OS Development
Internet: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

                      "Robert Baker,Jr."
                      <robert_baker@SSO-MEC        To:       [EMAIL PROTECTED]
                      H.DISA.MIL>                  cc:
                      Sent by: MQSeries            Subject:  MQSeries 5.3 SSL
                      List
                      <[EMAIL PROTECTED]
                      .AT>

    I'm using PKI certificatates on a RACF keyring for channel
authentication with WebSphere MQSeries 5.3 channels on an IBM OS/390 R1.0
platform. When I try to start a channel, I get the following error message
on the receiving platforms channel initiator started task QxxxCHIN:

CSQX633E >QMD2 CSQXRESP SSL certificate for remote channel ???? failed
local  check.

Also I'm receiving the following error on the senders platform channel
initiator started task QxxxCHIN:

channel QMV1.QMD2,
function 'gsk_secure_soc_init' RC=-22
CSQX599E >QMV1 CSQXRCTL Channel QMV1.QMD2 ended abnormally .

Do you have any idea what's causing my problem? Your efforts are greatly
appreciated.

Thanks,
Bob Baker