Hi,

   I’m a newbie to MQ Series (I’m using MQ Series for WinNT ver 5.2) and do have quite a lot of questions on programming for MQ Series with C++.  It would be great if anyone could help me out –

1.       Is signaling supported on MQ Series 5.2 for WinNT? If yes, how do I set the signal1 field of the MQGMO structure, I could not find any methods available in the ImqGetMessageOptions class.   (I’ve seen from available documentation that – “Signaling is supported only on MQSeries for OS/390, MQSeries for Tandem NSK, and MQSeries for Windows Version 2.1.” )

2.       Using MQI client calls, I guess the way to connect to a specified QM is to use setChannelReference() method of the ImqQueueManager class in version 5.3. We loose this flexibility when using environment variables. I’ve seen SetChannelReference() only in version 5.3 or am I missing something here?

  Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks,

Jiby Jacob Manuel

Open Information Systems