From: Kritsana [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Sunday, January 12, 2003 11:35 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Repository of MQSeries Cluster

Dear all,

    I have a question about Repository of MQSeries Cluster.

    I have 4 Queue Managers (QM1, QM2, QM3, QM4) on 4 computers.
    I create a MQSeries cluster, which named QMCLUS, of these 4 Queue Manager.
    I assign repository cluster of QMCLUS to QM1 and QM2.
    ** Note QM1 is a primary repository **
    QM3 and QM4 only join to the QMCLUS cluster.

    QM3 and QM4 have pre-defined cluster sender channel to only QM1.
    Because of they automatically create cluster sender channel to QM2.

    In QM1 and QM2, I define cluster queue, named cluster.lq, and share them to QMCLUS cluster.
    So, I can see those cluster queue (cluster.lq) in QM3 and QM4.

    When I stop only QM2, I still see cluster queue (cluster.lq) in QM3 and QM4.
    But when I stop only QM1, I can not see cluster queue (cluster.lq) in QM3 and QM4.

    This means MQSeries Clustering is only used for Load balancing, not for redundancing.

    ** Note I try to create pre-defined cluster sender channel to QM2 on QM3 and QM4.
        But it still the same result. ***

    But, When I try to assign repository of QMCLUS cluster to QM3 and QM4.
    I can see the cluster queue (cluster.lq) on QM3 and QM4 when I stop QM1.
    So I can stop whatever Queue Managers of QMCLUS cluster. ( Now it works in redundancing and load balancing mode).

    I wonder why I must to assign repository to all Queue Managers.
    Because, in the manual it recommends to assign only 2 repository in one cluster for reduce
    traffic of clustering information exchange.

Regards,
Kritsana Loaboonsup
System Programmer