Almost!

The client attach facility 'ignores' the RESLEVEL of the MCAUSER id.  It
honours the RESLEVEL of the CHINIT userid.  If the CHINIT has ALTER to
RESLEVEL no checking of clients will be done.

John

John M Hammond - Middleware Support Team
Household International
100 Mittel Drive
Wood Dale, IL 60191
Phone: (630) 521-4339; Pager: (866) 237-0985

                         "Miller, Dennis"
                         <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>   To:    [EMAIL PROTECTED]
                         Sent by: MQSeries      cc:
                         List                   Subject: Re: Mainframe Security
                         <[EMAIL PROTECTED]
                         .AT>

                         01/10/2003 10:52 AM

To paraphrase, you're saying that the client attach feature basically
ignores RESLEVEL. That's what I didn't understand. I do now. Thanks.

[EMAIL PROTECTED]
>                          Sent by: MQSeries      cc:
>                          List                   Subject: Re: Mainframe
Security