I am testing the use of the CICS DPL bridge.  I am triggering the bridge
transaction.  When the bridge gets a bad message, the following appears to
take place:  the bridge monitor abends,  the message is backed out and
returned to the request queue, this bridge monitor is triggered, and the
bad message is processed again, causing a processing loop.  How do i get
the message to the dead letter queue.

The next question is how is the "Backout requeue name" and the "Backout
threshold"  fields used, if the queue manager takes no action on these
fields as the manual states.

Ellis