----- Message from Luc-Michel Demey <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> on Fri, 24 Jan 2003
22:34:09 +0100 -----

 Subject: Re: Maximum Message
          Size

Date sent:              Fri, 24 Jan 2003 15:51:42 -0500

> I have messages connecting using the Java bindings going to a Solaris
> server and then to a mainframe system.  MQ on Solaris is V5.2, as is
> support pac MA88.  MA88 was down-loaded instead of using what was on the
> V5.2 install CD.  The server is running on CSD04.  The mainframe is on MQ
> V2.1.  As long as I have configured the qmgr, queues, and channels for
> 100mb maximum message size, will I hit any message size limit for which I
> am unaware?
If you are really using 100 Mo messages, you shoud be able tu put
only 20 messages in one queue.
By default, max queue size = 2 Go.

Could be changed, but don't gorget to order before some additional
HD ;-)

John's reply to Luc-Michel:

Thanks Luc-Michel.  Now you bring up another question.  If I did increase
my limit to 100 mb, but the messages sent are 10 mb, does the message still
fill up this 100 mb and therefore limit me to 20 messages per queue or will
it only send the 10 mb and therefore limit me to 200 messages per queue?

Thank You,

John Haraburda