Erik,

MQ doesn't do a great deal for you here. It
automatically increments the backout count when
messages are rolled back onto the queue and thats
about it. It's then up to you. Your program needs to
check this count and compare it with the backout
threshold. If the threshold is reached then your
program needs to put the message to the backout queue.
Once on the backout queue you will need some tools to
interrogate the message to identify whats wrong with
it. Fixing it is probably not something you can
automate. It depends what wrong. You might need to
edit the message, you might need to delete it and get
it resent from the source system, you might be able
simply to move it back to the target queue having
fixed the problem. It all depends on what the problem
was. There are tools available to allow you to
manipulate messages in this way e.g. Candle's PQEdit,
CommerceQuest's QTool and more I'm sure.

mqm

--- "Dijkerman, E (Erik)" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>