Kevin,

When workflow is started does it open this queue?

Note triggering condition number 4 (in APG)

For triggering of type FIRST or DEPTH, no program has the application queue
open for removing messages (that is, the OpenInputCount local queue
attribute is zero).

Cheers
Morag

Morag Hughson
WebSphere MQ for z/OS Development
Internet: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

                      Kevin Ferguson
                      <kevinmq@HOTMAIL.        To:       [EMAIL PROTECTED]
                      COM>                     cc:
                      Sent by: MQSeries        Subject:  Triggering anomaly?
                      List
                      <MQSERIES@AKH-WIE
                      N.AC.AT>

Hi

I am trying to trigger a clustered queue with a trigger type of FIRST
(z/OS,
MQ5.2). The queue is shared in a cluster with a WIN NT platform (MQ5.2).

The queue is a WORKFLOW queue and all goes well on trigger type of FIRST
providing workflow isn't running. With workflow running the trigger doesn't
trip even when the queue depth goes from 0 to 1. If I change the trigger
type to EVERY then it works fine (even for the first message on the queue).
Do I need to raise an APAR or is this the expected behaviour?

Kevin Ferguson