Sorry for the suggestion, After I entered it I realized the answer. At the
time I was wondering if the JAVA app ran under other rules concerning the
MCA USERID. But we wer doing this in Boston and there was no ill effect.

                 bobbee

From: "Potkay, Peter M (PLC, IT)" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: MQEnvironment.userID
Date: Wed, 29 Jan 2003 13:25:43 -0500

(all this assumes no security exits)

If the MCAUserID field is set to something bogus, then no matter what I set
in my Java Client app for the UserId fails. No matter what ID I run any
Client apps for that matter will fail.

If the MCAUserID field is set to a valid user in the mqm group, then no
matter what I set in my Java Client app for UserID works. No matter what ID
I run any Client apps for that matter will work.

If the MCAUserID field is set to blank:
A valid ID set in the Java App UserID field works.
A bogus ID set in the Java App UserID field fails.
A blank ID set in the Java App UserID field works because in this case, the
client proxy will run as MUSR_MQADMIN, which does have authority.
A C application running on my PC and thus under my ID fails, cause it flows
my ID, contrary to what the Java client app does.

(I need confirmation on the last 2 sentences to insure my understanding is
correct)

Peter Potkay