>>How do we list the number of channel connections made to queues in a
Queue
>>Manager in MQSeries 5.2 on a AIX box?

>This is an interesting question. Doing a

>"runmqsc QMGR_NAME < dischl | grep -c RUNNING" where dischl contains a one
>line connamd "dis chs(*)" will return the number of running channels it
may
>not give you the results you need. Sender channels will have one and only
>one XMIT queue associated with it. But receiver channels are another
story.
>What happens if the sender is sending data to more than one queue. each
>queue will be opened for a put for that particular receiver channle. Is
>there possibly an agent spawned for each queue that is opened on a put for
>receiver channle. Sounds like a "NOT" So while the above command will give
>you some sort of number I don't believe the 'dis chs(*)' will give you
what
>you are looking for. I'm not sure if there is a way to extract that
>information.    PC??? Any input????

bobbee,

I'm assuming that by PC you're talking to me ? If not then I apologise.
I didn't put any answer to the original question becasue I'm not sure I
understood it. What does 'channel connections to queues' mean ? Are we
asking how many queues a particular channel has open at any one time ? If
so then you.re not really in much luck on 5.2 I'm afraid. On 5.3 then you
can issue DIS QSTATUS(*) TYPE(HANDLE) and you will see the channel names
(if any) if they've opened a queue. This will work for both clients and
QM->QM Channels.

If you've got a problem then you could try using 'amqrdbgm'. Type 'q' to
see the queue cache in use for the current channel. '?' will show the list
of commands. This is a service tool and should not really be used while
there is no problem since it is not guaranteed to be 100% safe. In fact I
shouldn't be telling you about it at all so I'll shut up now.

Cheers,
P.

Paul G Clarke
WebSphere MQ Development