It is my turn for something odd.
We have an application from WIN2000 to OS390 with the weirding way.
This is a "timed" process on the WIN2000 side and a triggered event on the OS390/CICS
side. It seems that this process works fine from the hours of 6:00 am to say 9:00 am
and then again works fine from 17:00 to 20:00. The hours from say 9:00 am to 16:30 it
starts doing its thing.
Lets say that a MSG has 74 items to process. This group of 74 is processed with out
incident early in the am. Now say a MSG with 74 items to process comes through from
WIN2000 at 9:30 am and we see this. The MSG is processed and 51 items are correct and
posted the following 23 are processed as individual MSG's and fail. These MSG's are
lost ( not by MQS ) because they are incomplete.
My question is what in the world is happening here? My first thought was that this
2000 machine is getting bogged down with other work. My second thought is that someone
is doing something at this machine between these hours. My third thought is the
WIN2000 application is not a true MQS application. My forth thought has been censored.
Any helpful idea?
Thanks
Dave