Arlen,

I ran into the same issue and found two items that could cause this.

1.  After shutting down MQSeries Services via the system tray icon, right click
on the icon and select "Hide".  This will stop the process that control the
icon.

2.  I found that I had to stop the virus scanning services also.

IBM referred me to a couple of tools for identifying processes associated with
open DLLs.  Here is a link to the tools:

   http://www.sysinternals.com/ntw2k/utilities.shtml/

The utilities are:

   Handle
   ListDLLs
   Process Explorer

They are very easy to use.  Run handle and listdlls from DOS prompt and put
results in file.  Process explorer is a GUI.

The listdlls utility helped me identify the virus scanning software as the
source of the problem.

Good luck!

Regards,

Bill

                      Arlen Williams
                      <arlen.williams@E        To:       [EMAIL PROTECTED]
                      DS.COM>                  cc:
                      Sent by: MQSeries        Subject:  AMQ4757 Error applying CSD01
to Windows 2000 V5.3
                      List
                      <MQSERIES@AKH-Wie
                      n.AC.AT>

                      02/04/2003 11:15
                      AM

I am trying to apply CSD01 - PTF U200181 to pair of Windows 2000 servers
running IBM WebSphere MQ for Windows V5.3. The 2 servers are clustered using
Microsoft Cluster Server (MSCS). After shutting down everything related to
MQ that we can think of we get the following error during the install.

IBM WebSphere MQ files are in use. Stop activity and retry. (AMQ4757)

Does anyone have any ideas on what files are in use and by who?

Arlen Williams