Curious as to why you are using aliases. That aside for V5.3 you need to
look in the "Script(MQSC) Command Reference" which you can get at the
following URL.
http://www-3.ibm.com/software/ts/mqseries/library/manualsa/manuals/crosslatest.html.

Up one level is a page you can access most Webshpere MQ product Manuals
from http://www-3.ibm.com/software/ts/mqseries/library/manualsa/

Regards
Tim A

                      "Ofeldt, Robert"
                      <robert_ofeldt@MEDCO        To:       [EMAIL PROTECTED]
                      HEALTH.COM>                 cc:
                      Sent by: MQSeries           Subject:  Re: MQ Q-Sharing question
                      List
                      <[EMAIL PROTECTED]
                      C.AT>

Hi,  I am sure there are many of you out there that currently use MQ in a
Q-Sharing environment. I am knew to Q-Sharing and hope you can help answer
some questions for me.

I plan to have 2 QMGRs in 1 Q-Sharing group. Each QMGR has 1 CICS region
associated with it.   Each CICS region has an application program that uses
the same Q-alias name.  Question is;  can these programs use the same alias
name to access a particular shared queue on the coupling facility?

Can someone point me to a document or manual that explains use of alias
qnames in a q-sharing environment?

Thank you

Bob Ofeldt
201-269-4076