Robert,

IBM states that the 'EARLY' code is downward compatible, and having
upgraded several releases in the past, I expect that it will work.

Using 2.1 / 5.2 as an example.  We were unable to use the 2.1 ISPF panels
to view 5.2 queue managers, and the reverse.  The utilites for old version
continued to work as before, (provided the old version of the mq libs were
used.  There is a prereq fix that is required on 5.2 to allow it to Q-share
with 5.3.

I have not brought up a 5.3 system,  but we are running COBOL programs
compiled under 1.1.4  without problem, and IBM has stated that is is object
level compatible, so I do not expect any problems.  Again IBM Mainframe
products have a good record of this since the early days of the s/360's.

glen larson
zurich north america

"Ofeldt, Robert" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>@AKH-Wien.AC.AT> on
02/14/2003 08:14:15 AM

Please respond to MQSeries List <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

Sent by:    MQSeries List <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>