Sent: Friday, March 07, 2003 9:28 PM
Subject: Re: WMQ V5.3 stability?

We got hit by this.  We never got hit in dev either (and still haven't) but we've had three incidents in the past 6 weeks were a queue was damaged.  Both of the queues involved (1 has been damaged twice) have a high number of abandoned reply messages on them that get cleaned out nightly.  Not by CLEARQ, but by a custom job that removes messages over N hours old.  The damage always occurred sometime after this nightly job.  We just got the fix and are applying it to dev this weekend.

If you have any queues that might be susceptible to this, then I would recommend getting the fix.

- Steve

P.S.  Other than this problem WMQ V5.3 CSD01 on W2K servers has been very, very stable and trouble free for us.