Sent: Wednesday, March 12, 2003 12:12 PM
Subject: Processing the Euro symbol in MQSeries messages

Hi,

We're trying to enable our machines to be able to process the Euro symbol within MQSeries messages.  We follow a hub and spoke topology here and are unable to upgrade all machine configurations to use the correct code page configurations.

We have a project that will upgrade the hub and we decided to ensure the hub is able to support the Euro for any future applications connecting to it.  We changed the queue manager CCSID from 850 to 858 (recommended NT code page for the Euro) and have now hit problems.  We are sending messages from a HP-UX queue manager with a code page of 1208 to the new hub and finding the messages do not come across the channel.  Channel conversion is set to YES and the error messages appearing in the HP-UX queue manager logs are as follows:

03/12/03  06:25:56
AMQ6047: Conversion not supported.

EXPLANATION:
MQSeries is unable to convert string data tagged in CCSID 1208 to data in CCSID
858.
ACTION:
Check the appropriate National Language Support publications to see if the
CCSIDs are supported by your system.

Does this mean that we would need to configure all our application queue managers to use the correct code pages for this to work or is this a specific issue with just conversion between 1208 and 858 code pages?

Cheers,

Kulbir.