Title: MQ connection(s) from distributed side to Mainframe show Pending after server is dropped without dropping Bridge first
Could the MQ channel ADOPTMCA* & ADOPTNEWMCA  parms help you in respect to automatically retry channel operations
-----Original Message-----
From: Bullock, Rebecca (CSC) [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Saturday, 15 March 2003 5:45 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: MQ connection(s) from distributed side to Mainframe show Pend ing after server is dropped without dropping Bridge first

Keith, by "bridge" are you referring to the channels? I don't know if this will help, but a long time ago, we had something that sounds vaguely similar (although it was a Solaris system where you have Windows). What we ended up doing is having the dist. side:

1) Send STOP CHANNEL commands to the mainframe telling it to stop the sender channel to the sun side
2) Issue STOP CHANNEL commands for the sender channels on the distributed side.

Then at restart:

1) Send START CHANNEL commands to the mainframe telling it to restart its sender channels
2) Issue START CHANNEL for the local sender

The only thing you have to watch for is if you WANT the channels to be down and you do a reboot, although that could be scripted around.

Since we have no Windows qmgrs, I don't know if you can do something similar, but at least you now got a response  :-)  Good luck!  HTH -- Rebecca

Rebecca Bullock
Computer Sciences Corporation
MFCoE/Newark CS Team

Educational Testing Service Account