I defined a situation that traps the INDOUBT event and assigned it as a
warning (yellow), so Operations basically ignores it.  I suppose you could
assign it as a "Not Monitored" situation via the MQSeries Manager template,
or delete/stop the situation if you do not wish to get any alerts at all.

BTW, I think you should change your background color (gray) to white.  It's
a little tough to read.

                      "Herd, Stewart"
                      <[EMAIL PROTECTED]         To:      [EMAIL PROTECTED]
                      S-INC.COM>               cc:
                      Sent by:                 Subject: Candle Command Centre and
MQSeries
                      MQSeries List
                      <[EMAIL PROTECTED]
                      en.AC.AT>

                      03/21/2003 11:22
                      AM
                      Please respond
                      to MQSeries List

 First let me explain that in the MTSP QMGR we have MQ channels going out
 to:

 AAR_MTSP.AAR_AARP
 AAR_MTSP.AAR_MTST
 AAR_MTSP.CCRA_TITAN
 AAR_MTSP.CNR_MCP2
 AAR_MTSP.CPR_MQP2
 MTSP.TO.MQOHUXP1.BIN
 MTSP.USCS_MQB1
 SGRC.MTSP.ZCC1

   All except the top 2 are in remote networks.  These are all SNA except
 for the Sun Solaris.  I have the batch size set to 500 for the channels to
 the other in-house QMGRs as the volume is very high.  The volume to MTST
 is not high, though.

   If you look inside the CCC task CANSCMSA at the DD RKLVLOG, you can see
 the activity.  The issue is that the CCC is sending out false channel
 indoubt alerts, and I think they are always for the high activity channels
 between MTSP and AARP.

   Sometimes the indoubt period is perceived to be short, but here is one
 that is not:
 09:48:09.14 KO41041    Enterprise situation
 MQSeries_Channels_Indoubt:MTSP:ASYS:MQESA is true.
 09:53:09.11 KO41042    Enterprise situation
 MQSeries_Channels_Indoubt:MTSP:ASYS:MQESA is no longer true.

   From this message, you cannot know which channel it MTSP it was.  These
 are showing up as red button alerts on the CCC monitor.  When one of these
 long ones occurs, you can look at MQ with the MQ panel, and the channel is
 NOT in an indoubt status.  I have turned off the channel events going to
 'SYSTEM.ADMIN.CHANNEL.EVENT', which the CCC reads, but it is gather this
 info by observing the QMGR in a non-intrusive way.  That's what Candle
 calls it.

   So, this is the issue.  Operations is being bombarded with channel
 indoubt alerts, which in my opinion are not actually occurring.

   Has anyone had a similar experience or any ideas?

 Stewart Herd
 Senior Software Engineer
 Systems Engineering Services
 ACS