From: Glen Larson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: A couple of clustering questions
Date: Tue, 25 Mar 2003 11:19:18 -0600

We are starting to look at clusters in order to provide some close to
24x365, on our W2K nodes.

These Queue Managers (5.3) on W2K service other NT/W2K servers with
MQClient installed (5.2, csd04).  The MQServers, have an application to
service the requests, and that also request info from Legacy applications
on MVS (CICS, Batch & DB2 via MQ.

1) On the front end side the programs are written in ActiveX.  They put
requests on the queue, and come back later to look for a response.  Not a
problem now since only one queue manager to connect to.  With Clustering
they need to insure they go back to the correct queue manager to retrieve
their data.  What field is available to the ActiveX application, that has
the true name of the Queue manager.  So far the ones that they have tried,
have given the generic cluster qmgr name.  If this was the standard API,
they would be told to use the info in the object descriptor after the
connection, or the MSG header after the put.

2) On the MVS back-end,  similar problem when to send the reply.  For CICS
not a problem, using PUT1.  For long running batch where requests will come
from multiple requesters, PUT1 would incur to much overhead.  So, we wish
to use the MQOO_BIND_NOT_FIXED option, and route the reply based on the
name in the REPLY-TO-QMGR field for each reply message.  We have search the
doc, and have not found an example of how this is specified on the PUT.  We
attempted to use the MQOD_OBJECTQMGRNAME, but that did not work.

thanks
Glen Larson
Zurich North America

This E-Mail/telefax message and any documents accompanying this
transmission may contain privileged and/or confidential information and is
intended solely for the addressee(s) named above.  If you are not the
intended addressee/recipient, you are hereby notified that any use of,
disclosure, copying, distribution, or reliance on the contents of this
E-Mail/telefax information is strictly prohibited and may result in legal
action against you. Please reply to the sender advising of the error in
transmission and immediately delete/destroy the message and any
accompanying documents.  Thank you.