"Jim Ford"
                      <[EMAIL PROTECTED]        To:       [EMAIL PROTECTED]
                      M>                       cc:
                      Sent by:                 Subject:  Re: Triggering Z/OS DLQH
CSQUDLQH
                      "MQSeries List"
                      <[EMAIL PROTECTED]
                      n.AC.AT>

                      04/03/2003 04:15
                      PM
                      Please respond to
                      "MQSeries List"

Not true. In your example, IPPROCS would be 1. Another transaction
will NOT be triggered inless no one has the queue open (IPPROCS = 0).

My worry about triggering a DLH would be if the rules table said to
retry a message. If the message's content was the problem, that
message would probably wind up on the DLQ again. I could see loop
potential there. If you're not retrying the messages, and just
deleting them or maybe forwarding them to an application DLQ, that
wouldn't be a problem.

                      Ronald Weinger
                      <[EMAIL PROTECTED]        To:
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
                      .COM>                    cc:
                      Sent by: MQSeries        Subject:  Re: Triggering
Z/OS DLQH CSQUDLQH
                      List
                      <[EMAIL PROTECTED]
                      N.AC.AT>

                      04/03/2003 02:54
                      PM

If a CICS transaction, for example, starts due to trigger on first,
and
then does a GET WAIT UNLIMITED, it is possible than a new message on
the
queue will trigger a second execution of the transaction, but the
current
execution will  retrieve the message before the second one is
attached.
So the second will get a 'no-message-available', and if coded to issue
GET WAIT UNLIMITED, will  remain suspended.  A third message will
trigger
another transaction, but it will be retrieved by one of the two
currentl;y
suspended transactions. That sequence could continue until max tasks
are
reached.

However, have  you found a MVS batch trigger monitor ?

                      "Gary P. Klos"
                      <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>         To:
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
                      Sent by:                 cc:
                      "MQSeries List"          Subject:  Triggering
Z/OS DLQH CSQUDLQH
                      <[EMAIL PROTECTED]
                      n.AC.AT>

                      04/03/2003 02:59
                      PM
                      Please respond to
                      "MQSeries List"

    I am setting up to use the Z/OS utility CSQUDLQH, which handles
the
    dead letter queue for a queue manager. What I was thinking was to
put
    a trigger on FIRST on the dead letter queue and once it starts
    CSQUDLQH, then I could leave it running indefinitely. My question
is
    this, if I use TRIGGER ON FIRST, and the queue triggers then
CSQUDLQH
    removes all messages from the queue and stays running, then later
    another message goes on the dead letter queue, CSQUDLQH will start
    again. Does that mean I will have two batch jobs running CSQUDLQH,
or
    does this program know to not run if it is already running with
the
    same dead letter queue?

    Thanks,
    Gary

Instructions for managing your mailing list subscription are provided
in

for the intended addressee only.  Any unauthorized use, dissemination
of the information, or copying of this message is prohibited.  If you
are not the intended addressee, please notify the sender immediately
and delete this message.

Instructions for managing your mailing list subscription are provided
in

The information contained in this message may be CONFIDENTIAL and is for the intended