From: Francois Van der Merwe1 [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Tuesday, June 10, 2003 10:50 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: MQSERIES AND CICS

I've also seen companies getting so obsessed with "protecting the
programmer from MQ complexity" (shame, poor programmers) that they layer
themselves into a calling stack that is so far removed from MQ and the
world of messaging in general, that it is really scary.  In the end the
programmers are nothing more than changing monkeys that know how to read
company specific change diagrams - and then just do it.

what a waste of brain power.

Francois van der Merwe

                      Ronald Weinger
                      <[EMAIL PROTECTED]        To:
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
                      .COM>                    cc:
                      Sent by: MQSeries        Subject:  Re: MQSERIES AND
CICS
                      List
                      <[EMAIL PROTECTED]
                      N.AC.AT>

Oh no!
A rebel without a queue.

                      "Robert Broderick"
                      <[EMAIL PROTECTED]        To:
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
                      OTMAIL.COM>               cc:
                      Sent by: "MQSeries        Subject:  Re: MQSERIES AND
CICS
                      List"
                      <[EMAIL PROTECTED]
                      .AC.AT>

                      06/10/2003 03:59
                      PM
                      Please respond to
                      "MQSeries List"

So lets say a programmer has only to receive a message and process it. The
company picks the bridge. When does the programmer get to learn about MQ??

I have interviewed people who have worked at companies that allowed them
access to MQ through their own home grown software (wrappers) These people
were useless (in regards to detailed MQ knowledge). The company while
pretending to isolate themselves from the messaging layer for the purpose
of
maybe changing later (remember MQ has about an 84% market share) (hahaha!!
Change later?? To What??) has basically limited the usefulness of it's
staff
to accommodate change. Remember we came into technology to embrace ALL the
aspects of technology not to be the porn (opps sorry) pawn of some
technology wizards  corporate paranoias.

If you disagree call 1-800-LACTOSS (Dennis Miller, not to be confused with
our beloved DM!!)

           bee-oh-dubble-bee-dubble-egh

> [...]
programs.
>Do you want your CICS programmers sheilded from the MQ stuff. That is a
>call
>for your IT people. I prefer to allow everyone to be educated. Makes for a
>more robust programming environment. Some will argue that it also
>intorduces
>the "WILDCARD" syndrome. Toooo much knowledge is dangerous. I on the other
>hand believ in "Give them a fish and they eat for the day. Teach them to
>Fish and they will be less likely to p.i.s.s in the water!!
>

>                     bobbee
>

> >From: June Lawton <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> >To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> >Subject: Re: MQSERIES AND CICS
> >Date: Tue, 10 Jun 2003 08:38:02 -0400
> >
> >I was  thinking more along the lines of functionality, additional coding
> >requirements, DPL, etc.  For our proof of concept project we want to
> >replace an application that currently accesses CICS via an EXCI from a
>DB2
> >stored procedure.  Currently this request goes directly into an AOR.
> >However, with our future apps, we may want them to be 3270 initiated via
> >the TOR.
> >
> >I guess what I am asking under what will one give you that the other
> >doesn't? Basically we want to get tinto CICS and just run the existing
> >programs.
> >

> >June Lawton
> >Information Systems
> >The PMA Insurance Group
> >[EMAIL PROTECTED]
> >(T) 610.397.5058
> >(F) 610.397.5311
> >----- Forwarded by June Lawton/PMA/PMAGroup on 06/10/2003 08:40 AM -----
> >
> >                       Robert Broderick
> >                       <[EMAIL PROTECTED]        To:
> >[EMAIL PROTECTED]
> >                       OTMAIL.COM>               cc:
> >                       Sent by: MQSeries         Subject:  Re: MQSERIES
>AND
> >CICS
> >                       List
> >                       <[EMAIL PROTECTED]
> >                       .AC.AT>
> >

> >                       06/09/2003 07:24
> >                       PM
> >                       Please respond to
> >                       MQSeries List
> >

> >Unwillingness by corp to fund education
> >reluctance by staff to lean new technology
> >project funding for development tasks
> >legacy code toolset vacuum
> >

> > >From: June Lawton <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> > >To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> > >Subject: MQSERIES AND CICS
> > >Date: Mon, 9 Jun 2003 11:50:35 -0400
> > >
> > >What would the determining factors be for using the MQ Adapter as
>opposed
> > >to MQ Bridge with CICS?
> > >

> > >June Lawton
> > >Information Systems
> > >The PMA Insurance Group
> > >[EMAIL PROTECTED]
> > >(T) 610.397.5058
> > >(F) 610.397.5311
> > >
> > >Instructions for managing your mailing list subscription are provided

The information contained in this message may be CONFIDENTIAL and is for
the intended addressee only.  Any unauthorized use, dissemination of the
information, or copying of this message is prohibited.  If you are not the
message.

The information transmitted is intended solely for the
individual or entity to which it is addressed and may
contain confidential and/or privileged material. Any
review, retransmission, dissemination or other use of
or taking action in reliance upon this information by
persons or entities other than the intended recipient
is prohibited. If you have received this email in error
please contact the sender and delete the material
from any computer.