To my knowledge, CICS connects to local MQ subsystems using an adaptor which is
essentially a program running in CICS to handle direct MQ calls from programs
in several languages. The MQ API for CICS is the same as it is for batch.
Before the implementation of TCP/IP support within MQ, the method was to go
from MQ through the CICS adaptor to CICS, then from CICS on SYSTEM-A to CICS on
SYSTEMB, then from CICS to MQ. No cross-memory services are used. AFAIK, the
methodology is very similar to the DB2 API implementation for CICS. Each CICS
region only connects to one MQ subsystem through a Resource Manager Interface,
so logistics might get more complicated with multiple CICS and MQs on the same
system.

Ernest Roberts
IT - Sr Sys Prog
MBUSA, LLC
Three Mercedes Drive
Montvale, NJ 07345
201-573-2619
201-573-4383 fax
866-308-3782 pager

----- Forwarded by Ernest Roberts/171/DCAG/DCX on 06/11/2003 08:58 PM -----

        Rick Tsujimoto <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
        Sent by: MQSeries List <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
        06/11/2003 02:52 PM
        Please respond to MQSeries List