We ll have around Java apps running on  about 1000
MQClient (5.3 CSD03) on W2K connecting to MQ 5.3 CSD03
server on W2K. Request queue will be one but the reply
queue will be as many as the number of clients or
fewer (it has not been decided yet). I know how to
determine the number of reply queues needed
(frequency, depending on message volume etc.); so this
is not an issue. Let's take the worst case scenario
and just assume that there will be 1000 reply queues
(one for each client).

The development people do not want to use use an  INI
file on each machine to get their client-queue names,
claiming that there would be just too many INI files
around. I am thinking of using LDAP or DB2  for this
purpose. I would like to know how other people are
handling a similar situation.

Any comments/suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Ruzi