I've got a CHADEXIT on the mainframe which inserts a MSGEXIT on my
cluster-sender channels when they start up.  With the move to MQ 5.3.1 on
the mainframe, the exit has to change to use the MsgExitPtr field instead
of the MsgExit field.  Has anyone done this already and could give me some
pointers (no pun intended)

I'd like to avoid allocating new storage to hold the name of my exit if I
can.  I am trying to point the MsgExitPtr at the original MsgExit field in
the MQCD, but the exit (although it complies cleanly) causes an error
whenever a channel tries to start.  Is there a way to get this to work or
do I have to bite the bullet and allocate storage in my exit to store the 8
byte exit name?

If anyone has a sample CHAD exit which sets these values using the pointers
and could share it, I'd appreciate it.
Thanks,
John

John M Hammond
Data Center: Middleware
Household International
100 Mittel Drive
Wood Dale, IL 60191
Phone: (630) 521-4339; Pager: (866) 237-0985