Hi Tom,

I have all of my MQ channel exits and stuff ported to zOS. It gets
interesting making the exit entry points work (lots of conditional
compilation depending on platform).

The main thing with the zOS C libraries and code portability is POSIX or
XPG4. If your C code is posix complient, you shouldn't have too many
problems with porting it to zOS. As for timeval, I found it defined in
<sys.time.h> which is the same location in zOS as it is in unix.

I am running zOS 1.4.

Make sure your compile JCL has the proper locations defined, or if you are
using USS you need to have the right environment variables (I think). I
have done all my C stuff on zOS using JCL for compiles. We don't use USS a
great deal at my site.

For information on compilation and run time library support, look in zOS
V1R4.0 C/C++ Bookshelf (CBCBS130).

Regards,

Neil Casey.

|         |           Tom Kane         |
|         |           <[EMAIL PROTECTED]|
|         |           T>               |
|         |           Sent by: MQSeries|
|         |           List             |
|         |           <[EMAIL PROTECTED]|
|         |           n.AC.AT>         |
|         |           20/06/2003 15:16 |
|         |           MQSeries List    |

  |       To:       [EMAIL PROTECTED]
                    |
  |       cc:
                          |
  |       Subject:  porting Unix C code to zOS

Does anybody do this regularly?
I have simple unix command line programs that would be great to run on MVS.
But I can't get past things like 'timeval'.
I wanted to be able to time my code and figured it out on HP, Sun and AIX.
But now I'm stumped on MVS.
And that's where I started, all those years ago in MVS Support.

TIA

Tom