From: Kieran Brennan [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Thursday, June 19, 2003 4:13 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Routing Table in WMQI

Hi,

I am looking into the development of a routing message flow in WMQI 2.1,
allowing WMQI to work as a hub.  Each queue manager will have a channel
defined to/from the WMQI qm, and a unique identifier will identifier
carried in the MsgType will define the routing required for each particular
type of message.

Essentially it will work as follows in WMQI:

MQinput Node receives a message
Using the MsgType from the MQMD it looks up a database table to find out the
name of the destination queue and qm.
Then in an output node puts the message on this queue.

I am concerned that this will be too slow, and the look-up against the
database each time will be too slow.
There will be up to one million messages a day passing through, and peak
times will exist.

I am considering using the PostIT node to store the routing table in shared
memory initially in a separate flow, and then using postiit nodes to look up
the relevant information in the message flow detailed above instead of using
the database.

Has anyone implemented a similar design before?
What issues should I look out for?

Thanks
Kieran

The information transmitted in this email is intended for the
addressee only and may contain confidential and/or privileged
material. Any review, retransmission,dissemination,reliance
upon or other use of, this information by persons or entities
other than the addressee is prohibited.If you received this
in error, please contact the sender and delete the material.

This message has been swept by Anti-Virus software