Date: Monday, June 23, 2003 02:44:45 PM
Subject: Re: Why runmqdlq is not doing its job?

How did you put the messages on the dlq? I believe the handler ignores them
if they don't have a dead letter header.

Bill

William M. Pigg
Bill Pigg/San Jose/IBM
408.256.5656 t/l 276.5656
pager: 408-552-0012, http://www.arch.com/message

Ruzi R <[EMAIL PROTECTED]&gt;@AKH-WIEN.AC.AT> on 06/23/2003 10:33:37 AM

Please respond to MQSeries List <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

Sent by: MQSeries List <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

cc:
Subject: Why runmqdlq is not doing its job?

I am on MQ 5.3 CSD03 on W2K. I have a qmgr QM1 which
uses QM1.DEAD as its dead letter q. Both QM1.DEAD and
Q1 are defined as local queues on QM1 (they both are
put/get enabled, maxmsglenghth = qmgr max length,
qdepth=40000, Shared). Currently QM1.DEAD has 3
messages on it.

I have a rule table (mydlq.rul) that just has these 2
lines in it just for testing:

inputqm(QM1) inputq(QM1.DEAD)

ACTION(FWD) FWDQ(Q1) FWDQM(QM1) HEADER(YES)

When I run the runmqdlq on the command prompt as:

Runmqdlq c:\mydlq.rul

It starts running but QM1.DEAD still has 3 messages,
  as if the runmqdlq is ignoring the action(fwd) in
the rule table. Why is it not working?

Thanks,

Ruzi

.