If the length includes the length of the MQIIH you could get a 294.  It
should only be the message length + 12 (tran+lllzz)

                      "Beinert,
                      William"                 To:       [EMAIL PROTECTED]
                      <[EMAIL PROTECTED]        cc:
                      OM>                      Subject:  IMS Bridge from Win
problems...CSQ2005I FEEDBACK=294
                      Sent by:
                      "MQSeries List"
                      <[EMAIL PROTECTED]
                      n.AC.AT>

                      06/26/2003 03:31
                      PM
                      Please respond to
                      "MQSeries List"

I'm testing out the bridge in preparation for an application that plans to
use it.
Wrote a Cobol app on OS/390 that put a message on the bridge queue,
executing the IMS transaction, and sending the reply message down to a
Windows QM.
So far, so good.
But the proposed app is going to be on Windows, so I cranked up the C
compiler, and using support pack MA1C as a guide, wrote one for Windows.
But OTMA rejects me with
CSQ2005I MQTA CSQ2QCP0 ERROR PROCESSING MESSAGE,

FEEDBACK=294, XCFGNAME=IMSGAA68 XCFMNAME=IMSTSTTG TPIPE=CSQ0001D

The feedback 294 indicates a buffer overflow, or a bad length:
294 (MQFB_BUFFER_OVERFLOW)
        The value of one of the length fields would overflow the MQSeries
message buffer.

I've checked every length in the IIH, MD and the IMS ll fields, and all are
small, and correctly set.

Anyone have a clue?

Bill Beinert
Systems Programming
Con Edison
(212) 460-4853

When they took the fourth amendment,
   I was quiet because I didn't deal drugs!
When they took the sixth amendment,
   I was quiet because, I was innocent.
When they took the second amendment,
   I was quiet because I didn't own a gun!
Now they've taken the first amendment,
   and I can say (or do) nothing about it.
The Second Amendment is in place in case they ignore the others.
MODWN DAbE

The information contained in this message may be CONFIDENTIAL and is for the intended
addressee only.  Any unauthorized use, dissemination of the information, or copying of
this message is prohibited.  If you are not the intended addressee, please notify the
sender immediately and delete this message.