Title: Message

Not very often, maybe 8-12 weeks with NT4 on an LC2000R Dual CPU Netserver.

Sid
-----Original Message-----
From: Bullock, Rebecca (CSC) [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Wednesday, 2 July 2003 1:28 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: How Often Do You Reboot?

Hi, everyone. The subject sort of asks the basic question... Here are some more details.

We run MQSeries on multiple Sun Solaris boxes. Most boxes are running Solaris 2.8. Some MQ servers are at V5.2 and some at V5.3 (and one lone box is still running V5.1). Some are rebooted fairly frequently and some have been up for months. In many cases, MQSeries server is the only software running on the box, although some development servers also run other stuff.

What I'd like is some feel for how frequently others reboot their boxes.  Some time back, we had an issue where the resolution from IBM was to reboot the box. So, I thought scheduling regular reboots on those boxes that don't currently have them would not be a bad idea , but wondered how often.

My thanks, as always -- Rebecca

Rebecca Bullock
Computer Sciences Corporation
MFCoE/Newark CS Team

Educational Testing Service Account
Princeton, NJ 08541

Phone: 609-734-5351
email: [EMAIL PROTECTED] or [EMAIL PROTECTED]

This e-mail and any files transmitted with it may contain privileged or

confidential information. It is solely for use by the individual for whom

it is intended, even if addressed incorrectly. If you received this e-mail

in error, please notify the sender; do not disclose, copy, distribute, or

take any action in reliance on the contents of this information; and delete

it from your system. Any other use of this e-mail is prohibited. Thank you

for your compliance.