With an extension on Peter's comments there are three error logs you need to
look at. One in /errors and two in /qmgrs one under @SYSTEM/error and one
under YOUR_QMGR/error.

bobbee

From: "Potkay, Peter M (PLC, IT)" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: MQCONN FAILED
Date: Tue, 8 Jul 2003 08:23:52 -0400

Did you check both the server level MQ error logs as well as the queue
manager specific error logs?

-----Original Message----- From: Voges, P. (Pieter) [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] Sent: Tuesday, July 08, 2003 2:36 AM To: [EMAIL PROTECTED] Subject: MQCONN FAILED

We ran into an interesting problem and if anybody can explain it or supply
me with any info in this regard I will really appreciate it.

We got a QMGR (5.1 - I know I must upgrade to 5.3) running on a AIX
box(4.3). On the box there is an application running as a process that
starts up in the morning and then firstly does a connect to the QMGR. Last
week the app started and tried to connect. It got a 2059 (QMGR not
available) return code. Later in the day the app was restarted and
connected
fine. My problem is that the QMGR had been running for a month when this
happened. It was up and running on the first connect attempt. There was no
intervention between the 2 attempts. There are no errors in the logs. It is
a very low volume box so no default maximums was reached.

Can anybody provide me with any possible causes or direct me to whatever
else I can check.

Thank you
Pieter Voges
MQ Support
Nedcor Limited
Tel: (011) 881 4410
Sel: 083 6455 300
E-mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
< http://dotweb.it.nednet.co.za/link.asp?names=Voges,%20Pieter
<http://dotweb.it.nednet.co.za/link.asp?names=Voges,%20Pieter> >

_____

This email and any accompanying attachments may contain confidential and proprietary information. This information is private and protected by law and, accordingly, if you are not the intended recipient, you are requested to delete this entire communication immediately and are notified that any disclosure, copying or distribution of or taking any action based on this information is prohibited.

Emails cannot be guaranteed to be secure or free of errors or viruses.  The
sender does not accept any liability or responsibility for any
interception,
corruption, destruction, loss, late arrival or incompleteness of or
tampering or interference with any of the information contained in this
email or for its incorrect delivery or non-delivery for whatsoever reason
or
for its effect on any electronic device of the recipient.

If verification of this email or any attachment is required, please request
a hard-copy version.

_____

This communication, including attachments, is for the exclusive use of addressee and may contain proprietary, confidential or privileged information. If you are not the intended recipient, any use, copying, disclosure, dissemination or distribution is strictly prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please notify the sender immediately by return email and delete this communication and destroy all copies.

_________________________________________________________________ The new MSN 8: smart spam protection and 2 months FREE* http://join.msn.com/?page=features/junkmail