Then I think you're stuck with building that functionality into your application. The
client connection flows MQI requests, not messages. If the connection drops while an
MQGET is in progress, the MQGET must be re-issued.  There is no way to re-connect to
the qmgr, re-open the queue, and resume an abandonded MQGET.