Messages remain on the queue when expired until a GET is performed on them.
This is just how MQ works.  Why do you want to remove them?  To prevent
misunderstandings?

-----Original Message-----
From: Michelle Russell [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Wednesday, July 16, 2003 9:17 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Timed out messages

 OS/390 MQv2.1

I have an application that puts to a reply queue and the messages expire
after 2mins.  After this time I can no longer browse the message but I can
see the queue depth remains at 5 for example.

Can anybody point me in the right direction as to what I need to do once the
messages have expired.

Kind regards
Michelle

This email and any attachments are confidential. They may contain privileged
information and are intended for the named addressee(s) only. They must not
be distributed without our consent. If you are not the intended recipient,
please notify us immediately and do not disclose, distribute or retain this
email or any part of it. Unless expressly stated, opinions in this email are
those of the individual sender and not N Brown Group plc or any of its
subsidiaries. You must take full responsibility for virus checking this
email and any attachments.

Please note that the content of this email or any of its attachments may
contain data that falls within the scope of the Data Protection Acts and
that you must ensure that any handling or processing of such data by you is
fully compliant with the terms and provisions of the Data Protection Act
1984 and 1998.

N Brown Group plc. Registered office: 53 Dale Street, Manchester, M60 6ES.
Registered in England No.814103.

Instructions for managing your mailing list subscription are provided in the
Listserv General Users Guide available at http://www.lsoft.com