Hi Vitaly,

that is really a question for the risk management people at your two
organizations, rather than a technical one.

If each of you are willing to accept that the self signed key presented by
the other is valid, then you can enter the CA certificate in your
certificate store, and accept those certificates. This may well be Ok where
your organizations have close ongoing contact.

If you are dealing with a new business contact, then you may like to have a
third party CA vouch for the authenticity of the other organization. You
then have to trust the CA.

As I said, it's not really a technical issue.

Regards... Neil C.

|         |           Vitaliy Ilyin    |
|         |           <[EMAIL PROTECTED]|
|         |           HOO.COM>         |
|         |           Sent by: MQSeries|
|         |           List             |
|         |           <[EMAIL PROTECTED]|
|         |           n.AC.AT>         |
|         |           17/07/2003 15:17 |
|         |           MQSeries List    |

  |       To:       [EMAIL PROTECTED]
                    |
  |       cc:
                          |
  |       Subject:  Re: MQ Design Query # Repost

Hi Neil,
Thank you for your reply

1 The question is: if you interact with the external
clients/vendors is it enough to have the self-signed
certificates or would it be required (and a good
practise) to go to the external CA?

Thanks,
Vitaliy