From: Troy Wells [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Monday, June 30, 2003 6:51 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Java class hangs when using AIX Runmqtrm

Hi all.  We currently have MQSeries 5.3 installed on an AIX 5.2 box.  We
have developed a Java class that reads a message (which is in XML format)
and parses the message (using xmlj4) for inserting into an Oracle database.
On the AIX system, we have created a process definition with an
applicationid of a unix ksh script that sets up all classpaths, etc and then
starts the java class.  What we have found is that when we run the script
manually (logged on as mqm), the java application works correctly; however,
when we allow the trigger monitor to start the script/java class, the class
hangs at the program line that creates the DOMParser object (DOMParser
parser = new DOMParser()).  In addition, the class is not throwing any sort
of exception.  Also the trigger monitor stops processing any initq messages
unless will kill the java process.  We have compared the environments (using
'env') in both cases (manual vs triggered) and both are exacly the same.

In addition, the same java class runs correctly when triggered in a Windows
2000 environment.  Appears to be something specific when triggering on the
AIX environment.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Regards,

Troy Wells