Thanks Rick.  Do you know if there is a sample of code mixing JMS with JAVA
that I could pass along to our developers here?

-----Original Message-----
From: Richard Brunette [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Monday, August 04, 2003 1:45 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: JMS Dynamic Queue Names

Frank

You are correct you can use the accessQueue method to accomplish this in the
base Java classes. However your original issue is with JMS. If you take a
look at the JMS portion of that same manual you will see that the
createTemporyQueue method does not give you control over naming the
temporary dynamic queue that is generated. As far as I know, there is not a
way with just JMS to do this. Some of our developers, whose design used
dynamic queues, have been forced to introduce some non-JMS code into their
application to accomplish this.

Rick

|---------+--------------------------------------->
|         |   "Bright, Frank"                     |
|         |   <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>      |
|         |                                       |
|         |   Sent by: MQSeries List              |
|         |   <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>           |
|         |                                       |
|         |                                       |
|         |                                       |
|         |   Monday August 4, 2003 11:19 AM      |
|         |   Please respond to MQSeries List     |
|         |                                       |
|---------+--------------------------------------->

-------------------------|

  |       To:
[EMAIL PROTECTED]                          |
  |       cc:
|
  |       Subject:   JMS Dynamic Queue Names

-------------------------|

I am not a JMS programmer, so I am going to hopefully ask a simple question
to someone who is.

Does anyone know if it is possible to pick your own dynamic queue name
within JMS?  I am being told by some developers they can't manage to create
a dynamic queue using a pre-defined prefix.

I did see the following within the JAVA manaual
(http://publibfp.boulder.ibm.com/epubs/pdf/csqzaw08.pdf
<http://publibfp.boulder.ibm.com/epubs/pdf/csqzaw08.pdf> ):

MQQueue queue =queueManager.accessQueue("qName",
                      MQC.MQOO_OUTPUT,
                     "qMgrName",
                    "dynamicQName",
                    "altUserId");

I am thinking the qName is for the Model queue and the dynamciQName could be
initialized to a high level prefix for the dynamic queue name creation.  Am
I correct?

Thanks
      Frank Bright

This e-mail message and any attachments contain confidential information
from Medco Health Solutions, Inc. If you are not the intended recipient, you
are hereby notified that disclosure, printing, copying, distribution, or the
taking of any action in reliance on the contents of this electronic
information is strictly prohibited. If you have received this e-mail message
in error, please immediately notify the sender by reply message and then
delete the electronic message and any attachments.

(See attached file: C.htm)