Mike,

you're a brave man. The SYSTEM.CLUSTER.REPOSITORY.QUEUE is where MQ saves
away any information which relates to clusters. Some of it is easily
rebuilt, and some of it is pretty critical, especially if your queue
manager is a full repository. You should always expect to find messages on
this queue if anything relating to clusters has been defined.

These messages are not something that I would be deleting personally
(unless directed by IBM support - I have had that happen once at v2.1 on
zOS).

MQ5.3 now has substantially more ability to manage the cluster repository
than earlier versions, with extensions to the cluster commands. I would
never want to play with the repository directly. It's asking for trouble.

I can't answer the question of what the specific messages represent. We had
a similar discussion recently about transmission headers on channels, and
got the answer from IBM that internal messages formats are internal (and
private) for a reason. If the formats are known, someone will depend on
them, and then when IBM change them to privide new function or to fix a
problem, someone elses code breaks. This makes IBM look bad, even though
the third party is at fault for relying on a non-documented interface.

Regards,
Neil Casey.

|         |           Mike Davidson    |
|         |           <[EMAIL PROTECTED]|
|         |           M>               |
|         |           Sent by: MQSeries|
|         |           List             |
|         |           <[EMAIL PROTECTED]|
|         |           n.AC.AT>         |
|         |           06/08/2003 03:40 |
|         |           MQSeries List    |

  |       To:       [EMAIL PROTECTED]
                    |
  |       cc:
                          |
  |       Subject:  Cluster question - (SYSTEM.CLUSTER.REPOSITORY.QUEUE)

Hello all,

(MQ5.3 on z/OS) -

I wanted to check with y'all on something. Upon setting up a cluster from
scratch, when I look in my SYSTEM.CLUSTER.REPOSITORY.QUEUE I see two
messages. I was expecting this queue to be empty. I got curious and stopped
my CHIN started task and emptied out the queue and brought the CHIN back up
only to see those two msgs appear again. One message is simply nulls and
spaces (seems harmless) and the other has "RFQR" in the first four bytes
followed by nulls and spaces??? I was wondering if these msgs are supposed
to be there or if something fishy is going on????

T I A

Mike Davidson
TSYS MQ Tech Support
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

The information contained in this communication (including any attachments
hereto) is confidential and is intended solely for the personal and
confidential use of the individual or entity to whom it is addressed. The
information may also constitute a legally privileged confidential
communication. If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient
or an agent responsible for delivering it to the intended recipient, you
are hereby notified that you have received this communication in error and
that any review, dissemination, copying, or unauthorized use of this
information, or the taking of any action in reliance on the contents of
this information is strictly prohibited. If you have received this
communication in error, please notify us immediately by e-mail, and delete
the original message. Thank you