From: John Matoba [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Thursday, August 21, 2003 11:03 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: mqver remotely? Maybe MO71?

We created a script that is triggered by an MQ message and assumes the
message body contains a unix command. When the script is triggered,  it
runs the unix command and returns the output in a reply message. From a
hub queue manager, we can send an mqver command to all our queue
managers and generate a report of all the version info on all our queue
managers.

Such a script is fairly simple to write and as you might imagine, is
quite useful in centrally issuing other unix commands.....

John Matoba
Information Systems
Northwestern Mutual Life
414-665-4160