Thanx, Rebecca.

I understand what you're saying. Since several channels on my system are
consistently active, I have seen dynamic channels on the systems that
connect to mine and I assume that I may have dynamic channels created for
some or all of that activity.  But I can still say unequivocally that given
the numbers we produce in my environment, I can't see us reaching 200
channels in use. What I plan to do is monitor the traffic more closely. I
will also be checking the logs more closely for other messages which might
provide more information.

Ernest Roberts
IT - Sr Sys Prog
MBUSA, LLC

----- Forwarded by Ernest Roberts/171/DCAG/DCX on 08/25/2003 01:58 PM -----

                      "Bullock,
                      Rebecca (CSC)"           To:      [EMAIL PROTECTED]
                      <[EMAIL PROTECTED]         cc:
                      G>                       Subject: Re: message CSQX558E - too
many channels?
                      Sent by:
                      MQSeries List
                      <[EMAIL PROTECTED]
                      en.AC.AT>

                      08/24/2003 01:19
                      PM
                      Please respond
                      to MQSeries List

Ernest, you may have less than 50 channels defined, but are some of them
client channels with multiple clients using them? That will bump your
active
channel count up.

Rebecca Bullock
Computer Sciences Corporation