Hi David,

You can create a new conversion file, copying 035e04e4.tbl into 035e0333.tbl and 04e4035e.tbl into 0333035e.tbl. If some of characters are not converted correctly, you can edit (with a hex-editor) the new tables.

Best Regards,
                  Zudor Sándor
Certified Solution Expert/Developer
               IBM WebSphere MQ & MQ Integrator
====================================

"David C. Partridge" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent by: MQSeries List <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

08/26/2003 10:46 AM

Please respond to
MQSeries List <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

cc
Subject
Conversion

Attempting to convert from CCSID 862 to CCSID 819 on a Windows system, get
MQRC of 2119 (MQRC_NOT_CONVERTED).

I believe 862 is one of the middle eastern ones.  The only tables I can find
in MQSeries\conv\table are:

035e01a8.tbl    862 to 424
035e0323.tbl    862 to 803
035e035b.tbl    862 to 856
035e0394.tbl    862 to 916
035e04e4.tbl    862 to 1252
035e04e7.tbl    862 to 1255
035e14e7.tbl    862 to 5351
035e34b0.tbl    862 to 13488

The only one of these that rings any bells with me is 1252 which is the
Windows GUI CCSID.

Is conversion from 862 to 819 just plain impossible?  The messages in
question only contain characters valid for MQ object names and Windows
userids.

Regards,
David C. Partridge
Security and MQ Products Manager