Hilla,
      From strictly a performance standpoint, my understanding is that mapping
from BLOB to MRM to XML will be more expensive than mapping directly from BLOB
to XML.  There is an IBM WMQI Performance Analysis document that should still
be available (i.e., website downloadable) that mentions this point among
points concerning many other performanace considerations related to WMQI.

Mike McGlynn