Hi Paul,

Sorry, MQIPT doesn't support proxy authentication. I think you're only the
second person to ask for this feature. All I can say is that it's on the
requirements list for the next release of MQIPT.... if and when there is
one. Sorry I can't be more exact.

Phil Blake

----- Message from Paul Meekin <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> on Tue, 2 Sep 2003
10:01:42 +0100 -----

 Subject: MQIPT through a
          firewall

I'm trying to get an MQ connection going through a firewall in pretty much
the same configuration as the "Apache Rewrite" scenario as detalied in the
MQIPT manual. As you've probably already guessed - it's not working.

My HTTP proxy requires basic authentication. Here is the result from the
trace:

Time:       09:49:48.711  2003.09.02
Class:      com.ibm.mq.ipt.ConnectionThread
Method:     getHTTPHeader
Thread ID:  ConnThd for Route 62000-0
Logger:     TraceLogger 62000
  HTTP/1.1 407 Proxy authentication required
Proxy-Authenticate: NTLM
Proxy-Authenticate: Basic realm="172.30.60.2"

Time:       09:49:48.711  2003.09.02
Class:      com.ibm.mq.ipt.ConnectionThread
Method:     createHTTPConnection
Thread ID:  ConnThd for Route 62000-0
Logger:     TraceLogger 62000
  MQCPE058 CONNECT request to myhost.mydomain.com(80) through ewprxy2(8080)
failed

Anyone know if it is possible to pass a userid/password to the HTTP proxy?

By the way, the actual setup is:

MQ Client -> Local MQIPT -> HTTP Proxy -> (firewall) -> Apache HTTP Server
-> MQIPT -> Target QMgr

Cheers,
Paul