Thanks very much to all who have responded thus far (Ruzi, Richard and
Neil),

A few other things to add for anyone who is following this....

- I had done as Neil suggested, and run things without the exit, and in this
case the size of the MSTR does NOT grow. So I know for sure it s caused by
the exit .specifically the MQPUT or MQPUT1.

- I also have tried to just let things be after processing is complete and
the MSTR storage increases .just to see if after x period the storage is
released by the MSTR .but it does not .well not in 12+ hours.

- After pushing the messages (1000 in each direction) through the SDR and
the RCVR, I then go and clear all the messages of the queues. Just wanted to
see if this had any bearing, and once again nothing, the MSTR sits with that
storage.

- Also tried to manually stop / restart the channels, this also had no
bearing on things.

- The default persistence of the queue s is N .

- You guys (Ruzi and Neil) are both correct, but in different cases, about
the commit processing. In my case, I cannot use MQCMIT. This is an exert
from the  Intercommunication Guide :

" All MQI calls except MQCMIT/CSQBCMT and MQBACK/CSQBBAK are
allowed. They must be contained after MQCONN (with a blank queue manager
name). If these calls are used, the exit must be link-edited with the stub
CSQXSTUB.
The exception to this rule is that security channel exits may issue commit
and
backout MQI calls. To do this, code the verbs CSQXCMT and CSQXBAK in
place of MQCMIT/CSQBCMT and MQBACK/CSQBBAK."

Thanks very much .Dax.