Hi all,

A client of ours is having an issue with ridiculously long commit times, and
I was wondering if anyone else has experienced this behaviour. It goes a
little like this...

1) A batch job runs which inserts a number of (200 or so) records into a DB2
table, under 1 unit of work.
2) Each insert into the DB2 table triggers a WLM controlled COBOL stored
procedure. The procedure has linked CSQBRSTB.
3) The stored procedure makes some MQI calls to put a message to a queue.
4) The batch job issues a commit after all the inserts have been actioned.
5) Then, the batch job waits for 5 minutes for the commits to complete.
Watching the queue, the messages are being committed in groups of 20 or 30
messages spaced over the 5 minutes.

We're on z/OS 1.2, MQ 2.1 and DB2 7.1, and we've also tested this with
MQ5.3, similar results.

Seem familiar to anyone? I'm wondering if this is even a valid way of doing
RRS controlled coordination?

Ian Metcalfe,
EDS Australia