Hey Salem

We have and ADOPTMCA=qmname and ADOPTCHK=yes  on at the 5.2/ZOS level. This
help
to alleviate some orphan rcvr channels.

Richard Jackson
SIAC -
CICS/MQ Systems
212-383-9043

                      Salem Muribi
                      <[EMAIL PROTECTED]        To:       [EMAIL PROTECTED]
                      OM>                      cc:       (bcc: Richard Jackson/SIAC)
                      Sent by: MQSeries        Subject:  ADOPTMCA vs. KEEP ALIVE (on
Z/OS)
                      List
                      <[EMAIL PROTECTED]
                      n.ac.at>

                      09/10/2003 10:02
                      AM

Hey all, has anyone else seen an increase with orphaned rcvr channels
with MQ 5.3 on Z/OS?   The funny thing is that there seem to be several
other X parm features in 5.3 that may address just this.   I turned on
KEEP ALIVE and tested it to satisfaction but also saw two other new
parameters now available, specifically ADOPTMCA and ADOPTCHK.   My
initial impression is that these may address a security risk of adopting
an MCA but it seems like it would help with the orphaned rcvr channels.
Anyone else use these?

Thanks in advance.

Salem Muribi
Middleware Team Lead